mCAMP was conceived with a desire to share the arts with all children. We are a free, inclusive, supportive and encouraging family that seeks to build community and cultural understanding through fun, challenging, shared activities. We believe that exposure to music and the arts is one of the most effective ways to teach children to respect diversity and to be open to learning about other cultures other than their own.
Students in mCAMP regularly experience the following:
- Study with professional teachers in each subject area.
- Learn to read music and develop confidence as singers.
- Learn the art of ensemble making music by playing hand bells.
- Learn the dramatic craft from London’s leading drama teacher.
- Learn the fundamentals of dance through our modular dance curriculum, which gives children the skills to choreograph their own dance pieces.
- Take part in an annual art show somewhere in the city.
- Travel and experience the arts at museums, concerts and plays throughout southwestern Ontario.
- Have the first chance to register for both the annual Met Summer Music and Drama Camp and the Met Chorister Camps, both of which have been filled to capacity by early spring.
- Make friends and become part of a caring, supportive community.
At mCAMP we grow and learn to show leadership at a very young age!
On the left, nine year old Cory shows incredible leadership ability, by starting choir rehearsal on her own rather than making everyone wait for our slightly tardy choir director!